Musical Instruments – The Sasando musical instrument comes from Rote Ndao Regency, East Nusa Tenggara (NTT). This musical instrument is the result of local culture that is known to reach foreign countries.
Sasando itself is a stringed musical instrument that is played while plucked. The instrument is almost the same as the harp and harp. However, Sasando has a distinctive voice.
How to Play the Sasando Musical Instrument
Taking from the rotendaokab.go.id page, the way to perform this musical instrument is taken. Sasando is usually performed using both hands from opposite directions. To know more another information about business you can visit this site treadmillsandellipticalmachines
The right hand is used to perform chords, while the left hand is used to perform the bass/melody.
Sasando requires technique and synchronization in order to produce a melodious sound. People who perform Sasando require skill and practice in staging the instrument.
Hand skills make an effect on the sound and tempo of the strains produced by Sasando.
Functions of Sasando Musical Instruments
Sasando has a uniquely varied voice. This instrument can be used for pop music, traditional and other music genres except electric music.
From the book entitled “Transmission of Sasando Musical Instruments as Cultural Arts Media in Rote Ndao Regency, East Nusa Tenggara Province” the following are the functions of the Sasando musical instrument:
- It is the pride of the Indonesian nation. This typical NTT musical instrument is known to reach foreign countries such as the harp and guitar. Sasando can be used as a harmonic and melodic musical instrument. One Sasando player can produce a beautiful mix.
- But according to history, Sasando used to be a therapeutic musical instrument for healing leprosy which is widespread on the island of Rote.
- The entertainment function of Sasando is used for media entertainment and tourism for the residents there.
- Traditional Ceremony Sasando is a traditional musical instrument used as a traditional ceremony.
- Sasando is used for traditional wedding ceremonies, welcoming guests and other events.
Read More: artmindfestival